The all-new Kia Picanto city car has been revealed first time ahead of its public debut at the 2017 Geneva International Motor Show in March. The new Picanto will go on sale across Europe from the start of Q2 2017.
Now in its third-generation, the new Kia Picanto is said to boast a new, more youthful and energetic character and feature high-tech gadgets like Apple Carplay.
Buyers will have greater potential for customisation, with a choice of 11 bright colours like ‘Lime Light’, ‘Shiny Red’, ‘Aurora Black’ ‘Pop Orange’, ‘Sparkling Silver’ and ‘Celestial Blue’. The Picanto is fitted with 14-inch steel wheels in its most basic form, with optional alloys ranging from 14-inch to 16-inch in diameter.
The inside can be customised too, replacing the standard black and grey cloth seats with one of five optional colour packs. These feature contrast artificial leather upholstery and stitching. Available at launch, these colour packs are:
- High Gloss Black – a combination of black, grey and white upholstery with white stitching (and available with a black or grey base colour)
- Brown – brown seats with light blue flashes down the side and light blue stitching
- Blue – navy and true blue artificial leather and cloth upholstery with white and orange stitching
- Red – black and grey seats with red flashes and red stitching
- Lime – grey and light grey upholstery with lime green stitching
Prices have yet to be announced, but expect the car to be sold with Kia’s 7-Year, 100,000 mile warranty when it goes on-sale from the start of Q2 2017.